Full Time, 3 Year Fixed Term Contract
Connecting people to deliver services to our community!
The Community & Environmental Health Coordinator is a brand new position at the City of PAE. Created to coordinate the Community & Environmental Health Support team to deliver operational and business support across the Community Safety, Environmental Health and Waste Management teams.
With a commitment to creating a constructive culture, the City of PAE are supportive, we take on challenges, seize opportunities, build great relationships and we are proud of what we deliver for our community.
The City of PAE values the diversity of the people we employ and serve. Diversity at the City of PAE means a workplace where individuals are recognised, respected, and engaged in ways that develop and harness everyone’s strengths.
We provide excellent working conditions with job security, flexible working arrangements and support for professional development.
The successful applicant will have significant experience in a business/operational coordination role with proven experience in analysing operational systems and processes to support continuous improvement and drive innovation.
Your Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate the Community & Environmental Health Support team by providing day to day leadership to the Community & Environmental Health Support Officers.
- Coordinate, plan and set priorities for an efficient and effective, quality and customer focused operation of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for providing support to the Community Safety, Environmental Health and Waste Management Teams.
- Coordinate and contribute to the development and implementation of policy, procedures and strategic plans relevant to the C&EH section.
- Processing and responding to internal and external correspondence by delivering expert technical advice relating to the C&EH functions.
- Management of expiation appeals including reviewing and using appropriate judgement to make decisions regarding expiation appeals and preparing documentation for legal proceedings as required for the C&EH section.
- Develop, implement and co-ordinate moderately complex programs/projects and initiatives that support the C&EH functions.
- Drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement through reviewing processes, systems and service capabilities with consideration of technological opportunities.
The successful applicant will ideally possess:
- Significant experience in a business/operational coordination role or project management role in a regulatory environment.
- Experience in leading, managing and developing people.
- Proven experience in analysing operational systems and processes to support continuous improvement and drive innovation.
- Experience and/or understanding of Records Management Responsibilities and Practice within Local Government.
More information can be found on the Position Description located below.
This is a Level 5 position which has a current salary range of $90,212 - $94,286 (plus Super).
Enquiries can be directed to Brenton Thomass, Manager Community & Environmental Health on 08 8405 6722.
To apply, simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply button and attach your cover letter and resume.
Applications close 6pm on Monday 29 November 2021.
The City of PAE values diversity and inclusion and we welcome employees with a mix of background, characteristics, experiences, professional skills, and perspectives