This is a full time, three year contract
Our Community is at the heart of everything we do!
The City of PAE values its diverse community and embraces change through innovation, resilience and community leadership. We are proud and passionate about what we deliver for our community, including delivering great environmental outcomes.
Our workplace is supportive and we encourage our people to take on challenges, seize opportunities, and build great relationships. We love the fun stuff and we’re prepared to do the tough stuff too!
We inspire people to be creative, grow and learn. We place no limits on what we can achieve, including setting ambitious targets to increase our urban canopy by 35% by 2050.
We care about people and seek to provide a safe and inclusive workplace that enhances the work environment and experiences for each other.
We value the diversity of the people we employ and serve and are committed to using all of our talents and strengths to deliver the best for PAE.
We currently have a Living Environment Planner role for you to join our team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the Greening Our City initiative and tracking and reporting on progress towards our urban canopy targets.
- Facilitating community led approaches to urban greening.
- Preparing strategic plans for priority environmental issues, including the review of the Biodiversity Management Plan.
- Supporting the delivery of the Living Environment Program.
The successful applicant will:
- Be passionate about working with others to deliver high quality environmental outcomes.
- Be an experienced strategic planner.
- Be an excellent communicator and well organised.
- Be a team player and good networker.
- Have at least five years work experience in relevant roles.
More information can be found in the Position Description located below.
This a Level 6 position which has a currently salary range of $97,674 to $104,457 (plus Super).
Enquiries can be directed to Maggie Hine, Team Leader Strategic Planning and Environment on 8405 6943.
If you meet a number of the position requirements we encourage you to apply by clicking the ‘Apply’ button and attach your cover letter and resume.
Applications close 6pm on Thursday 23 September 2021.
The City of PAE values diversity and inclusion and we welcome employees with a mix of background, characteristics, experiences, professional skills, and perspectives