Economic Development and Tourism Leader
Permanent / Full Time
Connecting people to deliver services to our community.
With a commitment to creating a constructive culture, we are supportive, we take on challenges, seize opportunities, build great relationships and we are proud of what we deliver for our community. We are connected.
The City of PAE values the diversity of the people we employ and serve. Diversity at the City of PAE means a workplace where individuals are recognised, respected, and engaged in ways that develop and harness everyone’s strengths.
We provide excellent working conditions with job security, flexible working arrangements and support for professional development.
We currently have an exciting role for you to lead our Economic Development and Tourism team. This is an excellent opportunity to use your professional expertise, leadership skills, industry experience and technical knowledge in a role that has professional challenge and satisfaction.
The successful applicant will have demonstrated experience in establishing strategic relationships and leading projects, services and events that create the right business environment for local businesses and industry to prosper, with the ability to communicate effectively, strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, and willingness to work in a team environment.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Providing expert advice to the organisation on economic development strategies and initiatives.
- Planning, developing, and leading the implementation of Council’s economic development and tourism strategies for the City.
- Leading the economic development & tourism team as a high performing unit, fostering a constructive culture that reflects the organisational values.
- Promoting the City of Port Adelaide Enfield as an attractive location for businesses to prosper, providing a point of contact and linkage for the business community.
- Implementing business investment and attraction projects and initiatives.
- Providing strategic oversight of the Visitor Information Centre and other Tourism related activities.
The successful applicant will ideally possess:
- Highly developed interpersonal and networking skills that builds effective and strategic relationships.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in planning and implementing economic development strategies and projects.
- Expert understanding of the principles of economic development and the role of local government in economic development activities.
- Strong business acumen.
- Inspiring and empowering leadership which sets vision, builds commitment, and coaches others to reach their full potential.
- A tertiary qualification in business, economics, commerce or similar.
More information can be found on the Position Description located below.
This is a Level 7 position which has a current salary range of $ 107,845.54 - $114,629.58 (plus Super).
Enquiries can be directed to Abby Dickson, Director Corporate Services on (08) 8405 6778.
To apply, simply complete the application process by clicking the Apply button and attach your cover letter and resume.
Applications close 6pm on Monday 24 January 2022.
The City of PAE values diversity and inclusion and we welcome employees with a mix of background, characteristics, experiences, professional skills, and perspectives